T. Harv Eker, author of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth , believes wealthy people inherently think differently about money. We each have a unique “financial blueprint,” which is created over a lifetime of our exposure to money messages. Here are 17 ways he says that wealthy people behave and think about money:
1. Wealthy people believe, “I create my life.” Poor people believe, “Life happens to me.”
2. Wealthy people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
3. Wealthy people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
4. Wealthy people think big. Poor people think small.
5. Wealthy people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
6. Wealthy people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
7. Wealthy people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
8. Wealthy people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
9. Wealthy people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
10. Wealthy people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
11. Wealthy people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
12. Wealthy people think “both”. Poor people think “either/or”.
13. Wealthy people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
14. Wealthy people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
15. Wealthy people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
16. Wealthy people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
17. Wealthy people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
Kinda overgeneralized, but you get the meat and potatoes of it. Obviously there are tons of people who are poor due to unfortunate circumstances out of their control, but this is more in terms of “mind sets” and ways of thinking.
#13 and #15 are my faves: Wealthy people don’t focus on working income, but rather their net worth! And then the whole mentality of your money working for YOU, rather than you working hard for your money! Smart investments are key here, over more hours spent at the job! Which end as soon as you clock out (Unlike the investments which continually grow and grow (hopefully) over time).
What do you think? Any stand out and really HIT YOU?