Here is a post which is going to give you the full details on the Nigerian Doctors Salary Structure for the year 2019.
As we all know, medicine is one of the most sought after profession in Nigeria today, and this is obviously due to how respected doctors are in the country, and how good their salary is.
Without any delay, let’s go straight into the purpose of this post without any delay…
List of how much doctors in Nigeria earn monthly this 2019
- The average net salary for Doctor in Nigeria is ₦213K. Salary estimated from 12 employees
- The base Salary of doctors in Nigeria is ₦213K
- The Entry Level Salary for Doctor in Nigeria (0 – 2 years experience) 6 employees is ₦154K
- The Mid Level Salary for Doctor in Nigeria (3 – 9 years experience) 4 employees is ₦264K
- The Senior Level Salary for Doctor in Nigeria (9 years experience) 2 employees is ₦290K
Salary Structure of Federal/State Medical Centres in Nigeria 2019
This is one of the most sought after salary structure of doctors in the country, because this is where a large number of them work.
The salaries of medical doctors in government hospitals are determined by a number of factors which include the level of experience and the qualification a doctor possesses.
Checkout it out below;
- Resident doctors salary in Nigeria: N130,000 – N250,000
- Medical consultants salary in Nigeria: N500,000 – N800,000
Housemanship Salary of Doctors in Nigeria 2019
All doctors after graduation from any Nigerian university are subjected to a compulsory one-year service where they work as professional doctors in hospitals. This is a great time for them to learn more from professionals and it has proved helpful.
This is similar to the internship program undergone by other fields of study. However, doctors are guaranteed payment during their service compared interns of other fields. That’s the good side of being a doctor.
On average, a doctor should expect to receive anything between N100,000 – N200,000 during their housemanship program.
Salary of NYSC Doctors in Nigeria 2019
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is another compulsory one-year service for every Nigerian graduate, and medical doctors are not left out. The good thing though is, they are not paid the the same amount as other corps members.
During this period some doctors earn as low as N50,000 per month. Other doctors are made to work for free with only their monthly stipend being paid by the government as compensation.
Salary of Medical Doctors in Private Hospitals 2019
Whops, this is though to determine, though we are going to give you the average based on our research.
The painful fact is the average salary of medical doctors in private hospitals are much lower than those of their counterparts in government and teaching hospitals.
This is not meant to be so, but this is Nigeria. See the average salary of medical doctors in private hospitals below;
- Private resident doctors salary: N100,000 – N200,000
- Private medical consultants salary in Nigeria: N400,000 – N600,000
There you have it on this post “Nigerian Doctors Salary Structure 2019 – How much they earn.” I hope you found this piece helpful.