Here is a post which is going to give you the top 10 worst paying jobs in Kenya this year 2018. We have previously given you the list of the top 5 worst paying jobs in Nigeria , but to give you more info, we have decided to give you the list of those jobs you might need to avoid in Kenya today.
It doesn’t make sense for a person to be working so hard, but at the end of the month get paid peanuts. Here we go with the list.
Please note: This list is not arranged in any particular order, but they are poor jobs in all.
- Teaching: Kenyan teachers have been on the streets for the longest time ever demanding better pay and working conditions. The lowest paid teacher in Kenya earns Sh21,756.
- Police Officers: Despite the risks associated with this job, the police in kenya are one of the poorly paid people. The lowest ranking salary of a police officer is approximately Ksh 20,000 a month, way below the average cost of living in Nairobi.
- Salesperson: A salesperson in Kenya can earn as little as Ksh 10K while some of them are paid on commission. This means that if you fail to sell the product, no pay for you. Poor job.
- Security guards: One of the riskiest job in Kenya at the moment yet they get peanuts as pay. Security guards are paid less than Ksh 10,000 in a month.
- Nurses & Doctors: They have on the streets severally demanding a better pay. According to KMPDU secretary general Ouma Olunga, the lowest paid doctor earns a basic salary of Sh40,000. That little for an health practitioner who ought to be taken care of well.
There you have it on this post “Top 10 worst paying jobs in Kenya 2017
I.” I hope you found this informative.