Here is the recently updated list of the Top 10 accredited Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) in Nigeria 2018.
Looking for Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) that you can trust and rely on in Nigeria today? Then this top 10 list is sure to help you out.
The Nigerian health insurance sector has grown and expanded since the National health insurance scheme became operational in the year 2004.
What is HMO in Nigeria?
A Health maintenance organization (HMO) in Nigeria is a private or public incorporated company that is registered by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) to only manage the provision of health care services via the health care facilities that are accredited by the scheme.
In the year 2012, there were just 66 accredited health maintenance organizations in Nigeria, but today they have grown to over 77 accredited HMOs operating in Nigeria. On this page is the top 10 list of accredited HMOs in Nigeria (Health Maintenance Organizations).
What is the cost of Health Insurance in Nigeria?
Health insurance cost in Nigeria varies depending on your health insurance service provider and your insurance plan. They are health insurance plans for individuals, small and large families, organizations and S.M.Es.
For example, the cost of an health insurance plan for a small family under NHIS can start from about N9000, while that of other private HMOs will surely be higher.
Let’s go straight into the list of the top 10 HMOs in Nigeria today.
List of Top 10 Health Insurance Organisations in Nigeria today 2017
Please note that this list has not been arranged in any particular order, as the HMOs on this list all deserve to be on this Fabinfos top 10 list.
1. Hygeia HMO Limited: It is located in Lagos Island, Lagos. Hygeia provides its clients with healthcare savings accounts, and also provides individual & group healthcare insurance.
2. AXA Mansard Health Insurance: They have so many flexible health plans and are really growing fast based on their quality service.
3. Total Health Trust Limited: They were the first ever HMO to register with Nigeria’s NHIS. It’s also the biggest and largest health insurance company in the Nigerian market with over 270,000 members.
4. Active health mangers limited: This organisation has a health maintenance organization that provides its healthcare services to individuals, groups, families and the corporate world.
5. Clearline International Limited: They have 13 centers and over 2000 health care providers nationwide.
6. Prepaid Medical services limited: This HMO is located in Abuja, they provide services that are personalized for individuals, families, groups and corporate organizations.
7. Healthcare International Limited: This HMO focuses on international travelers, because they have several branches in many different countries, its members enjoy superb health coverage both at home in Nigeria and abroad.
8. Zuma health trust: This HMO is located in Abuja. Zuma health trust provide its healthcare plan to individuals, families and corporate entities.
9. Medi Plan health care Limited: This HMO provides supplies health insurance for Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Works, Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity in addition to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development, and they are really good at it.
10. MetroHealth HMO limited: Taking the number final spot on this top 10 list of HMOs in Nigeria is MetroHealth HMO Limited which focus is on the provision of quality health service by providing quick, personalized and seamless quality healthcare support services to clients whether young, middle-aged or old.
There you have it on this post “Top 10 Accredited Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) in Nigeria today – (2018).” I hope you found this piece helpful.