Happy new month to you….it is yet another beautiful Monday morning here on earth Here are the top 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Monday morning, this news has been gathered from top Nigerian Newspapers issued today, Monday 1st May, 2017. This News update was proudly brought to you by Fabnews.
Quote of the day – Monday 1st April, 2017
I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress. – Mark Zuckerberg
Lets go straight into this daily news update…..here we go….
- In solidarity with workers of the state as they celebrate Workers day today, the Oyo state Governor Abiola Ajimobi has promised to spare no effort in ensuring that the state clears the four-month salary arrears of workers in the State.
- The Rivers State Chapter of the APC has called on the National Security Adviser, Minister of Interior and the Inspector General of Police to view the utterances of Governor Nyesom Wike beyond mere politics but as grave threat to national security.
- The plan by Labour leaders in Ekiti state to honour Governor Ayo Fayose with the Comrade Governor Award” at the May Day celebration today as not been met well by some workers in the state. An interest group in Ekiti State workforce, the Enlightened Workers Forum (EWF) has criticized labour leaders over an alleged plan.
- The Minister of Aviation, Rotimi Amaechi, has declared that he is not corrupt and does not like money. He said this while featuring on Channels Television.
- The immediate past governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido has been arrested by the Kano state police. He was arrested for allegedly inciting his supporters to stop the conduct of local government elections in the state.
- The NSCDC has arrested a syndicate in Abeokuta, Ogun State, which confessed to erecting a radio mast to hack the Virtual Private Network of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board. The syndicate confessed to collecting N600,000 for the deal.
- The Senate is considering placing an “embargo” on approval of appointments by the President until the Magu case is resolved.
- The Lagos State Police Command has rescued a 15-year-old boy, Ajala Samuel, who was reported to have been used by his parents to get a N8,000 loan.
- The University of Port Harcourt garnered 70 gold, 47 silver and 33 bronze to win the 25th NUGA on Saturday.
- Manchester United manager,Jose Mourinho described the clubs jammed-packed schedule as “not human” after a growing injury list threatened to wreck hopes of a place in next season’s Champions League.
There you have it on this post “Fabnews: 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Monday morning.” Kindly check back tomorrow for more news update.