Good morning to you this Thursday morning. Here are the top 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Monday morning. This news have been gathered from news headlines in the top Nigerian Newspapers for today, Monday 9th October, 2017. This News update was proudly brought to you by Fabnews.
1. Suspend Kachikwu, Baru, Senate panel chair tells Buhari: The Chairman, Senate Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream) Senator Tayo Alasoadura, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately suspend the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, and the Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Maikanti Baru.
2. Nigerian senators earn more than Trump, UK PM Oyebola: The Initiator and Chairman, Movement for Nigerias Total Transformation, Chief Areoye Oyebola, has decried the non-responsiveness of Nigerian federal lawmakers to the widespread call for the downward review of their monumental salaries and allowances.
3. Afe Babalola offers market for Ekiti farmers’ produce: Aare Afe Babalola (SAN), Founder of Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, has offered to start buying off farm produce from farmers across the state, in order to save them the agony of produce wastage and huge losses owing to lack of storage facilities.
4. Russia 2018: Egypt qualify after beating Congo: Egypt qualified for the 2018 World Cup finals after beating Congo 2-1 in a game which finished with nail-biting moments on Sunday in Alexandria. Egypt won after a penalty kick scored in the fifth minute of second half added time to reach the World Cup for the first time in years.
5. Police, task force arrest 50 ‘with 48 bags of drugs: The Police and operatives of the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit (Task Force) have arrested 50 suspected criminals with 48 bags of illicit drugs around Akala in Mushin.
6. Displaced North-east Women Protest Presidential Panel’s Snub: The Knifar Movement, a group of displaced women in the North-east Nigeria, representing more than 1200 men, women and children in military-run detention centres, has accused the Presidential Investigative Panel on Human Rights Abuses in the Military of denying it the opportunity to appear before it.
7. FG Denies Infecting Bayelsa with Monkey Pox Virus: The federal government yesterday described as fake and sinister a report that the outbreak of Monkey Pox in Bayelsa State resulted from a free medical care exercise it is allegedly administered in some parts of the Niger Delta.
8. HURIWA urges Buharito declare armed herdsmen as terrorists: A pro-democracy and non-governmental organisation, Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA), has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to declare armed herdsmen as terrorists.
9. Ibadan youths petition Buhari over alleged plan to depose Olubadan: Some youths in Ibadan have called on President Muhammadu Buhari to warn Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State not to depose Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, over the monarch’s refusal to accept Olubadan declaration.
10. Russia 2018 : It’s dream come true ‘ Iwobi: Alex Iwobi has described Nigeria’s World Cup ticket as a dream come true and thanked
There you have it on “Fabnews: 10 Nigerian news you need to know this Monday morning – 9th October 2017.” Check back tomorrow for more news update.