Here are the Top 7 tourist attractions in Osun State today, we have included their locations. This top sites in Osun are a must visit for all.
There are numerous beautiful places to visit in Osun State, and it was not easy to draft out this list of the top 7 sites. State Governments in Nigeria are gradually taking tourism serious, as there are numerous avenues to make money from it.
Osun State, or the State of Osun, is a South-western state in Nigeria, which was carved out of Oyo State in the year 1991. Osun state, has 30 local governments, and is rich in Yoruba culture and history, significantly, it is believed to be the birthplace of the Yoruba people.
We at KikioTolu News have carried out careful research and compiled a list of the top 7 travel destinations in Osun State today.
List of the top 7 tourist sites in Osun State today
Please note that this list of the top 10 tourist sites in Osun State today, has not been arranged in any particular order and all the tourist sites in this post are one of the best you can find around. Here we go…
- Osun-Osogbo Sacred Grove: Want to explore? Then a visit to the Osun-Osogbo sacred grove, located in the the sacred forests that line the river Osun, won’t be a bad idea. This is the shrine of the river goddess Osun.
- The Palace of the Ooni: This is the Palace of The traditional ruler of Ile Ife, who is one of the most senior traditional rulers in Nigeria. This Palace is home to many relics of the rich cultural heritage of the Yoruba race, and becomes more significant when you realise that the Ooni himself is believed to be a direct descendant of the ancestor of Yorubas, Oduduwa.
- The Staff of Oranmiyan: Want to explore the rich Yoruba history and culture, then go and check out the staff of Oranmiyan. The staff is made of granite obelisk with iron stud, and stands within the Oranmiyan shrine.
- Erin-Ijesha Waterfalls: This is where the fun lays, the Erin-Ijesha waterfalls is one place to be, if you looking for all the fun you can get. The Erin-Ijesha waterfalls is a seven-level waterfall.
- Miccom Golf Hotels and Resort, Ada: This is an 18 hole golf course with excellent accommodation and superb facilities such as swimming pool, helipad, tennis court, and lots more. A visit here won’t be a bad idea.
- Zenababs Half Moon Hotel and Resort: This private hotel and resort is one of the best in the state. If you are looking for a cool relaxation spot, then checkout this place. Zanababs is located at Ilesha.
- Osogbo Arts and Metal Works: This is one of the top holiday destinations in Oshogbo, and yu aree sure to enjoy a visit. Residents of Osogbo are known to be very artistic and the city has produced very many internationally recognised artists.
There you have it on this post “Top 7 tourist attractions in Osun State that you must visit.” Have fun.