Here is the latest list of the top 20 safest/peaceful countries in Africa this year. So if you are looking for the recent list of the safest countries to do business in Africa this year 2017, then here is a post curated for you.
Top 20 Safest African Countries To Do Business In Africa 2017
- Mauritius: Mauritius is one of the safest countries in the region for resident and visiting Americans. Crime rates have remained relatively flat in recent years.
- Gabon: This country Gabon is located long the Atlantic coast of Central Africa, has significant areas of protected parkland.
- Cape Verde: This nation is located on a volcanic archipelago off the northwest coast of Africa. It takes the number 3 spot on this list due to being peaceful.
- Seychelles: This country is not just safe but also wonderful, it is home to numerous beaches, coral reefs and nature reserves, as well as rare animals such as giant Aldabra tortoises.
- South Africa: A top spot for business and tourism in Africa, South Africa should have been the number one on this list, if not for its high crime rate.
- Angola: Southern African nation Angola is a member of the UN, OPEC, African Union, the Community of Portuguese Language Countries, Latin Union and the Southern African Development Community.
- Egypt: This is one of the most ancient countries in Africa. Egypt, a country linking northeast Africa with the Middle East, dates to the time of the pharaohs.
- Zambia: This landlocked country is a presidential representative democratic republic. It is one of the most highly urbanized nations in sub-Saharan Africa. The nation has extensive social protection, aimed a low-capacity households.
- Rwanda: According to Gallup Global Law and Order report, Rwanda is among the few countries in the world where people feel safe walking home alone at night.
- Tanzania: If you are a solo traveler looking for a country with the kindest and friendliest local, Tanzania is probably the place you are looking for.
- Morroco: Morocco is a North African country bordering the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea, and is one of the safest countries in that region.
- Kenya: With improved security, traveling to this place as a solo traveler is safer than ever.
- Ethiopia: This country is making a lot of noise lately for its top security level, as violence in Ethiopia is almost non-existent.
- Ghana: This west African country has been without civil unrest for some years now, and they surely deserve a spot on this list.
- Nigeria: The largest black nation is also one of the safest on the continent, though troubles with insurgency in the North-eastern region makes it take the 15th spot on this list.
- Botswana: Also located in southern Africa, this country has a very lovely landscape, and is safe for business.
- Republic of Benin: This French speaking nation is one of the safest in Africa. It might also interest you to know that the Voodoo religion originated from this country.
- Malawi: Some years back, Malawi wasn’t a good place to travel for foreign adventurers, but with improved security, this country is now one of the best African countries to visit.
- Namibia: This is another safe destination for travelers due to its good governance. Namibia will not fail to offer you an adventure of a lifetime.
Analysis of this list of the top 20 peaceful countries to do business in Africa 2017
There are 54 countries on the African continent, so all the countries on this list are really doing great in terms of security. South Africa takes the number 5 spot on this list, and the country is without a doubt Africa’s most developed market, but the is the high crime rate in South Africa.
Botswana, Mauritius, and Rwanda are small countries, which are never the less attracting increased attention from the business and investment community.
So if you want to set up a fresh business, and do not want to worry about lengthy business bureaucracy, corruption, poor leadership, re-occurring conflicts, or high taxes then Botswana, Mauritius, and Rwanda are just the countries for you.
There you have it on this post “Top 20 Safest / Peaceful Countries In Africa [Latest list].” I hope you found this informative.