Here is a post which is set to give you the up-to-date list of the top 10 best investment banks in Nigeria this year 2018.
What are investment Banks and how are they different from commercial banks
I know some people who are not familiar with this term, might have been a bit confused when they saw the word, “investment bank”.
This are banks that helps the government, corporate bodies and individuals in raising financial capital.
Investment banks are able to carry out this function by acting as the client’s agent in the issuance of securities.
Now that you know what investment banks are, let’s go straight into the list of the top 10 investment banks in Nigeria today.
Here we go….
Top 10 Best Investment Banks in Nigeria 2018
Kindly note that the below list was not arranged in any particular order, but all the banks on this list are among the best 10 investment banks in the country today 2018.
- StanBic IBTC Asset Management: This investment bank is a subsidiary to Stanbic IBTC Bank. Stanbic IBTC Asset Management has over the years developed a good understanding of the market trend and in turn making good decisions.
- Vetiva Capital Management Limited: Vetiva Capital Management Limited is one of the leading investment banks in Nigeria, and a Pan-African company which had been registered by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) to carry out business in Nigeria.
- Greenwich Trust Limited: This boutique investment bank focused on creating value for it customers. Over the years, Greenwich Trust Limited has evolved to become a strong player in the Nigerian investment sector.
- BGL Securities Limited: The parent company of this investment bank is BGL PLC, and is one of the first investment banking companies in Africa. This bank offers first class Corporate Finance and Private Banking/Asset Management services as well as Financial advisory services to an expanding client which includes the government, corporate bodies and individuals.
- Meristem Securities Limited: This investment bank was formerly known as Great Africa Securities Limited. The share capital of this bank as at 2014 is N3.3 billions.
- FBN Capital Limited: This investment bank is a subsidiary of First Bank Nigeria, and is one of the top players in the industry today.
- WSTC Financial Services: This investment bank was formerly known as Wall Street Trust Company Limited, and began as a non-bank financial institution in the year 1991 but was licensed to operate in the country as a financial institution in the year 1993. WSTC Financial Services is a member of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
- Zenith Capital: Zenith Capital is one of the best investment banks and management firms in Nigeria, and it deservedly takes a spot on this list of the top 10 investment banks in the country. This bank is a subsidiary of Zenith Bank Plc.
- Chapel Hill Denham: This investment bank was created after the successful merger of two firms (Chapel Hill Advisory Partners Limited and Denham Management Limited) in the year 2008. These firms includes. Chapel Hill Denham is today a force to reckon with their team of top professionals.
- Capital Bancorp PLC: This is one of the first financial and professional services providers in Nigeria. Capital Bancorp Limited was borne out of the perceived need to enhance the accessibility of industry, businesses and individuals to capital whether loan or equity and high-grade investments.
There you have it on this post “Top 10 Best Investment Banks in Nigeria – (2018).” I hope you found this piece helpful.