Here is the latest ranking of the top 10 best banks in Nigeria this year 2018. This post has been setup for those who will like to know the top banks in the country at the moment.
How was this list of the top 10 best banks in Nigeria 2018 compiled?
I know a lot of people might be doubting the credibility of this list and wonder what parameter was used to compile this list of the top 10 best banks in Nigeria this year 2018.
This fabinfos list is based on the most recent list of the top 1000 banks in the world, released by the Financial times group of London.
Financial times group of London take different factors into consideration before coming up with the top 1000 list.
Let’s go straight into the list fully.
List of The Top 10 Best Banks in Nigeria (2018)
- Zenith Bank Plc: This bank ranks as the best bank in Nigeria and also has a decent rank in Africa as it takes the number 6 spot. Zenith Bank has a capital base of $3.0162 billion, taking the number 293 on the world list.
- Eco Transitional Bank (EcoBank): Taking the second spot on this list of the top 10 best banks in Nigeria this 2018 is Ecobank, which is also the number 7th Best bank in Africa. This bank has a capital base of $3.030 billion.
- First Bank of Nigeria plc (Fbn plc): Literally the first bank in Nigeria, this top bank takes the number 3 spot and number 10 in Africa. First bank Nigeria currently has a capital base of $2.327 billion.
- Guaranty Trust Bank (Gtbank): Gtbank is one of the most popular banks in Nigeria, and is also an highly innovative bank. This bank takes the number 4 position on this list and 13th Best bank in Africa.
- Access Bank Plc: Access Bank is one of the strongest bank in Nigeria, after the merger with Intercontinental bank, this financial institution has continued to do well. Access bank is the 15th best African bank, and has a capital base of $1.398.
- Diamond Bank: Diamond Bank is the 6th best bank in Nigeria and also among the top 20 banks in Africa as it takes the 17th position on thw continent.
- United Bank for Africa (UBA): Popularly known as UBA, this bank has a good presence in a number of African countries. UBA ranks the 7th best in Nigeria at the moment.
- Fidelity Bank: Fidelity Bank rightfully takes the number 8 position on this list and also sits comfortably as the 21st best bank in Africa.
- First City Monument Bank: This bank is one of the top 10 richest banks in Nigeria today. FCMB has done well to also take the number 9 spot on this list.
- Skye Bank: Though this bank has been rocked with some administrative issues recently, Skye Bank is still one of the top 10 best banks in Nigeria today 2018.
There you have it on this list. I hope you found this post helpful.