Here is the updated list of the top 10 richest banks in Nigeria this year 2021. This list is to help those who wish to know which Nigerian bank is the strongest financially.
Let’s go straight into this list without any further delay and story.
- Zenith Bank – Total Assets – ₦4.2 trillion: This bank is the richest bank in Nigeria, with a total assets of 4.2 trillion Naira. Zenith was established in 1990, and currently employs more than 4, 000 people.
- First Bank of Nigeria – Total Assets – ₦3.8 trillion: Taking the number two spot on this list of the top 10 richest bank in Nigeria 2018 is First Bank of Nigeria was founded in the year 1894. This bank was rated a Superbrand in 2007.
- Guaranty Trust Bank – Total Assets – ₦2.4 trillion: This bank has assets worth ₦2.4 trillion, and has shareholder funds of more than ₦300 billion. GTBank employs more than 3,500 people and operates through a network of around 200 offices in Nigeria.
- Access Bank – Total Assets – ₦2. 2 trillion: Access Bank has assets of around ₦2.2 trillion. The headquaters of this bank is at Lagos State, and has more than 300 branches nationwide. This bank was founded in the year 1989, and has over the years transformed from an obscure Nigerian bank into a world class African financial institution.
- UBA Bank – Total Assets – ₦1.619 trillion: This full-service Nigerian bank is one of the 25 licensed commercial banks in Nigeria. Diamond Bank offers a full range of financial products and services to retail and corporate customers.
- Ecobank Nigeria – Total Assets – ₦1.5 trillion: Ecobank was established in th year 1986, and is a subsidiary of Ecobank Transnational Inc. This bank is a leading pan-African banking group with more than 1,150 branches all over Africa, and is one of the five largest banks in Nigeria.
- Union Bank of Nigeria – Total Assets – ₦1.303 trillion: Union Bank of Nigeria was established in the year 1917 and has assets of around ₦1.303 trillion. This is one of the leading financial institutions in sub-Saharan Africa, and has more than 405 branches across Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank Nigeria – Total Assets – ₦1.253 trillion: Taking the number 8 spot on this list of the top 10 richest banks in Nigeria is Fidelity Bank Nigeria. This bank was established in the year 1988, and currently has an assets of around ₦1.043 trillion.
- Sterling Bank Plc – Total Assets – ₦908 billion: This full service national commercial bank has assets of around ₦908 billion and offers a wide range of banking services to individuals, businesses, government agencies and non-profit organizations.
- First City Monument Bank – Total Assets – ₦814.2 billion: The final spot on this list goes to First City Monument Bank, which is the flagship of the First City Group. It is a universal bank with assets of around ₦814.2 billion.
There you have it on this list of the top 10 richest banks in Nigeria for the year 2021.
I hope you found this post helpful. Cheers