Here is a post which is set to give you the up-to-date information on the top 10 biggest churches in Nigeria year 2018.
It is very common to see numerous churches around you today, as Nigerians are religious cautious people and there are a lot of big churches in the country at the moment. If you take a stroll around your environ you are sure to notice many big churches and small ones too.
This list is not going to rank the top 10 biggest churches in the country in any particular order, but going to simply list the 10 big churches in Nigeria this 2018. Here we go….
Here is the list of the top 10 biggest churches in Nigeria 2018;
- The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG): This is the most populated Pentecostal church in Nigeria with the highest membership of more than 2 million persons. The RCCG also has the largest auditorium in the country which can accommodate its members especially during their crusade along Lagos Ibadan Expressway. The current General Overseer of RCCG is Pastor Adeboye.
- Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministry (MFM): The MFM was founded by Dr. Daniel Olukoya. The auditorium of this church can accommodate about 550, 000 persons during a service. It is one the most popular church in Nigeria.
- Living Faith Church World Wide a.ka. Winners Chapel: This church is also known as the Winners Chapel International. The owner of the church is Bishop, David Oyedepo and has its headquarters in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. The church auditorium is able to seat up to 250,000 people at once. In some years back the church was labeled as the largest church in the world by the Guinness Book of Records.
- The Apostolic Church: This is one of the oldest churches in Nigeria and has branches almost every where in Nigeria. The membership base of Apostolic church in Nigeria is large as it runs in millions. The church auditorium is located in Lagos, Nigeria and can sit up to 100,000 people at once.
- Deeper Life Christian Ministry: This church was founded by Pastor Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi. The ministry with just 15 persons in 1973, and has grown to be one of the most popular churches in Nigeria. Deeper Life auditorium which costs almost N4 billion is also one of the biggest in Nigeria that can sit up to 30,000 people.
- The Commonwealth Of Zion Assembly (COZA): Coza ministry started in 1999 by Reverend Biodun Fatoyinbo and has since grown to be one of the biggest in the nation with its branches across Nigeria. Its new headquarters is located in Abuja.
- Christ Embassy: Christ Embassy is a poplar Nigerian church owned by influential Pastor Chris Oyakilome, one of the richest pastors in the country and even in the world.
- Daystar Christian center (DCC): The church is currently owned by Samuel Adeyemi who believes in raising leaders and models in Christ. The church’s auditorium is also large. Pastor Sam is more of a motivation speaker than a preacher.
- The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministry (LCCRM): This is a large church in Nigeria with large membership of mostly Igbos. The church broke out from the Catholic church and has its headquarters in Lagos state.
- Fountain of Life Church: This church was very popular in Nigeria and one of the biggest when one its owners was alive, late Dr. Bimbo Odukoya. The church is still doing pretty fine with its message focused on the single and married.
There you have it on this post “List of the top 10 biggest churches in Nigeria 2018.” I hope you found this article informative and helpful.