Here is a post which is going to give you the recently updated Kenya Police Service (KPS) ranks and salary structure.
The Kenya Police Service (KPS) is the national body in charge of law enforcement in Kenya. Since this post is about the ranks and salary structure of this force, it is set to give you more information about them.
So many Kenyans would like to know more about the Kenya Police Service (KPS), this is why we at Fabinfos have decided to set up this post.
First of all, let us give you the complete ranking structure of the Kenya Police Service (KPS).
Complete and updated Kenya Police Service (KPS) ranking structure
The Kenya Police wear badges of rank on the shoulders (Inspector-General – Inspector) and sleeve (Senior Sergeant – Constable) of their uniform to denote their rank. The order of Kenya Police ranks is as follows;
This rank has been ordered from highest to the lowest ranking officer.
- Deputy Inspector-General
- Senior Assistant Inspector-General
- Assistant Inspector-General
- Senior Superintendent
- Assistant Superintendent
- Chief Inspector
- Senior Sergeant
Let’s move on to the salary structure of the Kenya Police.
Complete and updated salary structure of the Kenya Police Service (KPS)
The primary question that individuals continue asking everyday is the amount Kenya Police are paid. Well, check them out below.
Please Note: The salary structure of the Kenya Police is based on the ranking system.
- The Inspector General of Police will be earning Sh854,241, according to the new structure.
- A senior assistant inspector- general will be earning Sh274,890 every month
- Assistant inspector-general of police will pocket Sh187,890.
- A commissioner of police will earn a monthly salary of Sh130,590
- A Senior superintendent will get Sh85,890.
- A Superintendent will be earning Ksh Sh73,020
- Assistant superintendent of police will be taking home Sh70,530.
- Inspector of police will earn a basic salary of Sh53,820, up from Sh33,903.
- Senior sergeants will get Sh50,220, up from Sh31,737.
- A sergeant who has been taking home Sh28,671 will now pocket Sh45,540.
- A police officer in the rank of corporal, who has been earning Sh21,000, will by the end of the four-phase increment earn a monthly salary of Sh42,660.
- A constable, who currently earns a basic salary of Sh17,800, will pocket Sh32,880 by 2020.
There you have it on this post. I hope you found this piece helpful.