Isiaka Gboyega Oyetola has been declared winner of the 2018 Osun state governorship election, and here are 9 important facts about him.
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC declared the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gboyega Oyetola, the winner of the 2018 Osun governorship election.
Mr Oyetola was returned as governor-elect on Thursday, 27th September 2018 at the end of a supplementary election which held in seven polling units across four local governments.
At the end of the tally of votes, the APC candidate scored a total of 255,505 votes while the PDP candidate scored a total of 255,023 votes.
Below are 9 important things to know about Oyetola
The victory of Isiaka Oyetola in Osun polls has generated mixed reactions from Nigerians.
The INEC returning officer for the governorship election, Joseph Fuwape, who declared the final result, declared Mr Oyetola winner of the election. He said;
“That Gboyega Oyetola, having satisfied the requirement of the law and won the highest number of votes is hereby declared winner and returned elected,”
See result of the rerun that gave Oyetola the edge below;
- He was born on September 29, 1954 and is a native of Iragbiji, in Osun state.
- He is married to Alhaja Kafayat and the union is blessed with four children namely; Femi, Yemi, Kemi and Adeola.
- In 1991, he founded his own company where he was the Managing Director until his appointment as chief of staff in 2011.
- Oyetola served in Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s eight-year-administration as the Chief of Staff and one of the pillars behind the administration.
- He is said to be among the prominent Nigerians who founded the Alliance for Democracy, AD, in 1998.
- This was Oyetola’s first time at the polls, despite being into politics for over 20 years.
- He is going to clock 64 years of age a day after being announced winner of the Osun polls.
- He is an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute, London and Nigeria and a member of the Nigerian Institute of Management.
- He attended the prestigious University of Lagos where he bagged a Bachelor of Science honours degree and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Ife North LGA Ward10, PU2, Oyere II
APC – 126
PDP – 2
ADP – 1
Orolu LGA Ward 9, Unit 3, Gbogbo Primary School
PDP – 64
APC – 41
Osogbo Ward 5 Voting point unit 17A
APC – 162
PDP – 82
SDP – 1
Void – 1
Orolu LGA Ward 8, Unit 4
Ife South LGA Unit 12, Olode ward
Osogbo ward 5 Voting point unit 17B
APC – 137
PDP – 83
Void – 5