WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps on the planet today, and it is arguably the top messaging application around.
Since this application was officially released in the year 2009, WhatsApp has evolved and added some new cool tricks and features.
In this post, we are going to be giving you some top and interesting features on WhatsApp which you might be missing.
1. See who read your message in a group chat. To see who read your message in a WhatsApp group, simply long press your sent message and select the Information Key on an Android device to see a list of recipients who have quietly read your message. For iOS devices, simply swipe left or right on your sent message and the list will pop up.
2. Mute conversations. If you at times want to be left uninterrupted or if the constant notification alerts are all too troublesome, simply mute selected conversations. You can mute conversations by selecting a contact on WhatsApp then tapping the person’s name which will list the Contact Info. Here, you will see a drop-down list appear which include Media and Links, Starred Messages, Chat Search and Mute. Select the fourth option, Mute and you can choose to mute a conversation for either 8 hours, 1 week or a year. You can also choose to unmute a conversation at any time.
3. Clear space. On an iOS device, you can see how much space your chats takes up on your device. Go to Settings, Data and Storage Usage and then select Storage Usage. You can then clear space on your device by removing media content that you no longer need such as pictures or videos.
4. Pin chats. Some chats may be more important than others which is why you would want to receive these chats first amongst all the other chats. You can do this by pinning your chats on WhatsApp. On iOs, open WhatsApp then scroll to your chats screen. Select the chat that you want to pin and simply scroll from left to right. You will see two options appear, unread or pin. Select pin and this contact will appear at the top of your chat list.
5. Type hands free. This applies strictly for iOS users. You can type handsfree to WhatsApp by simply prompting the intelligent personal assistant Siri to send a WhatsApp message. Long-press your home button and command Siri to send a WhatsApp message. Siri will then type out the message, as narrated by you and will send the message to your WhatsApp contact.
6. Star messages. Star messages is simply another tool for prioritising certain chats. By starring messages, you highlight it as important.
You can star messages by tapping on the message you want to star until a pop up icon appears at the top of the screen.
7. Email entire conversations. You can email entire WhatsApp conversations. For Android, go to your conversations menu and select email chat. For iOS, select more in your conversations menu and select email chat.
There you have it on this post, I hope you found this piece informative.
Share your views and some more WhatsApp trick via the comment box below.