Dr John Kayode Fayemi is the Ekiti State 2018 Governorship elect, and was voted in under the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC). And here are the top 20 things you need to know about him.
Here is the complete biography of Dr John Kayode Fayemi. Who is Governor elect of Ekiti State and set to be sworn in on the 16th of October 2018.
In this KikioTolu post, we are going to give you all you need to know about Dr John Kayode Fayemi, as we are going to give you is full biography, life history, profile, family, net worth, and lots more. Here we go…
Personal Details and Profile of Dr. John Kayode Fayemi
Full Name: Dr. John Kayode Fayemi
Political post: Governor Elect of Ekiti State
Date of Birth: 9 February 1965 (53 years old)
Origin: Isan-Ekiti, Oye Local Government Area, Ekiti State, Nigeria
Political Party: All Progressive Congress (APC)
Spouse: Bisi Adeleye-Fayemi
John Kayode Fayemi Biography – Top 20 Facts You Need To Know
Here are 20 facts about the incoming Governor of Ekiti State and former Minister of Solid Minerals Development you need to know.
- His full Name is kayode Fayemi John.
- Kayode Fayemi was born on 9th of February 1965.
- He was born in Ibadan, Oyo State. But grew up in Ado Ekiti and attended Christ’s school Ado Ekiti, Ekiti state.
- Fayemi was also the first governor in Nigeria to sign into law the Freedom of Information Act on Monday, 4 July 2011
- Fayemi had his first and second degree in history, politics and international relations from the University of Lagos and Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, and his Doctorate in war studies from king’s College, University of London, England, specializing in civil –military relations.
- Dr. Fayemi is happily married to Olabisi and the union is blessed with a son – Folajimi Amandla.
- Dr. Fayemi was once a journalist with The Guardian Newspaper and City Tempo in UK.
- Dr. Fayemi has lectured in Nigeria Police Training College, Sokoto Nigeria.
- He was the Secretary General, Media Empowerment for Africa (The Radio Foundation) 1995–1997.
- Dr. Fayemi is a writer, he has written extensively on governance and democratization, civil-military relations and security sector issues in Africa.
- Kayode Fayemi is a Fellow of the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ibadan.
- During military rule he was responsible for the founding and management of the opposition radios – Radio Freedom, Radio Democracy International & Radio Kudirat
- Dr. Fayemi was once Research Officer, African Research and Information Bureau, London, UK.
- Dr. Fayemi once served as an Adviser on Transitional Justice, Regional Integration, Constitutionalism, Security Sector Reform and Civil- Military Relations Issues to the Government of Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana.
- Dr. Fayemi ran for the Ekiti state governorship election in the 2007 elections on the platform of the action congress party and won.
- Was sworn in as Governor of Ekiti state on October 16, 2010 and completed his tenure on October 15, 2014.
- Kayode Fayemi was defeated at the polls on 21 June 2014 by previous governor Ayodele Fayose
- Dr. Fayemi was the Minister of Solid Minerals Development.
- John Kayode Fayemi was voted in as Governor of Ekiti State on the 14th of July 2018.
- Fayemi won by 19,345 votes against the Peoples Democratic Party’s Kolapo Olusola Eleka who was second.
There you have it on this post “Dr Kayode Fayemi Biography: 20 Things You Should Know About Ekiti State Incoming Governor.” I hope you found this piece helpful.