Fleet Trainer at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML), a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited, seeks to engage personnel for immediate employment in the capacity below:
Job Title: Fleet Trainer
REF: NSH/NSE13/201 8/05/001
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
Job Grade: Integrated Fleet Trainer
- Responsible for implementing seafarer training policy and strategy as well as assisting in managing the training and development of NSML officers and ratings to ensure that they possess requisite competences for safe manning operations to enable NSML meet its contractual obligations.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Articulate and continually develop procedures and business processes for regular onboard-training of seagoing personnel. Ensure adherence to uniform standards and application of policies and procedures for cadets, trainee electrical officers, shipboard officers; and initiating follow-up action in response to identified training needs, as reported by Fleet Manager and maintaining Crew training statistics.
- Monitor progress of the Company’s HSE policy against clearly defined targets and long-term objectives. Advise fleet management and Head of Training on detectable trends/shortfalls, and conduct appropriate framings.
- As co-ordinated by the Company’s Head of Training, responsible for systematic visits to Fleet vessels and NSML office auditing, as required by the ISM Code, and produce written audit reports for each of these visits.
- Undertake internal ISPS/MLC Audit as the DPA delegate on-board NSML managed vessels including Navigational, Cargo, Galley Audit and reporting the outcome to the Fleet & Training Managers
- Carry out on-board training of officers and crew on navigation, safety or engineering matters and reporting the outcome to the HR manager and the Head, Training and Development.
- Carry out on-board assessment/appraisal of seagoing personnel including Professional Skill Development and GAP Analysis review, when required, reporting the outcomes to the HR Manager and Fleet Manager.
- When required, deputise for Fleet Senior Staff at short notice, to provide emergency cover (according to discipline).
- Provide independent assistance, as required, in investigations into shipboard incidents.
The right candidate should:
- Have a minimum of Class 1 Engine Certificate of Competency issued by an internationally recognised Maritime Flag State
- Minimum of 7 years in the Marine industry including service on Gas and or Oil tankers and must have attained up to the rank of Chief Engineer and above for not less than 2 years.
- Shore side experience in similar role or operational/technical experience within a reputable & internationally recognized Ship Management organization will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online