Fabnews: 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Sunday morning
Good morning to you this Sunday morning. Here are the top 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Sunday morning, this news has been gathered from top Nigerian Newspapers issued today, Sunday 30th April, 2017. This News update was proudly brought to you by Fabnews.
Quote of the day – Sunday 30th April, 2017
Here is the quote for today, which is the last sunday in the month of April 2017, and also the last day of the month.
I treated it like every day was my last day with a basketball. – LeBron James
Let’s go into this daily news update in full….
- Anthony Joshua produced a remarkable recovery, to knock out Wladimir Klitschko in the 11th round of an epic heavyweight world title fight at Wembley yesterday night
- Outspoken Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike has recently claimed that the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, is after his life.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has condemned the call by Amnesty International to halt the planned execution of some inmates on death row in Lagos State.
- Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, has commended the developmental strides of the Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode. He said, the Governor is gradually making Lagos a better place to live.
- The Nigeria Police, FCT Command has paraded six persons in connection with the assassination attempt on the Senator Dino Melaye. The paraded suspects were Taofiq Isah, chairman Ijumu LGA Kogi State and his orderly, Sgt Ede James, Ade Obage, Abdullahi Isah a.k.a Eko, Ahmed Ajayi and Michael Bamidele.
- Outrage spread in some parts of the country, yesterday, following the lopsided recruitment into the DSS reflecting what many Nigerians described as a continuing effort by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to stamp a northern character on all strands of the federal bureaucracy.
- Manchester City are prepared to offer Iheanacho to Borussia Dortmund as a sweetener in the proposed deal to bring Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to the Etihad Stadium.
- According to the Deputy President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Peters Adeyemi, tomorrow’s May Day celebration would be incomplete if the FG fails to make a pronouncements that would lead to a new minimum wage for Nigerian workers.
- For stabbing the wife of his flatmate, an Ughelli, Delta State, High Court yesterday sentenced one Mr. Narebor Stephen Donbrapade to death by hanging.
- Former President Goodluck Jonathan has dismissed claims by respondents in a book written by the Chairman of the Editorial Board of ThisDay, Mr. Segun Adeniyi. He said he will soon give true account of what really happened.
There you have it on this post “Fabnews: 10 Nigerian news you need to read this Sunday morning.” Kindly check back tomorrow for more news update.