Kikiotolu | Original Stories and More

We are poised to offer you latest news, politics, commentary, essay, humour, stories and other topics affecting the Nigerian youth.

Ebola Outbreak: Fourth death recorded in Congo

Ebola Outbreak: Fourth death recorded in Congo

The death toll of the Ebola virus outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo have risen to four.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) spokesman, said on Monday that those who have come in contact with the deceased had been quarantined.

World Health Organization had on May 12 announced Ebola outbreak in northeast Democratic Republic of Congo.

WHO’s official, Eugene Kabambi said 37 suspected cases were being monitored.

Of these suspected cases, two were confirmed in the laboratory and three were regarded as probable Ebola cases, Kabambi said. Community health agents are monitoring 400 people who may have come into contact with those killed by the virus.

“People who were in contact with the first case reported on April 22 came out unscathed after the 21 days of observation,’’ Kabambi said.

The last outbreak, in 2014, left 49 people dead in the country.

Updated: May 23, 2017 — 3:52 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Kikiotolu © 2018 About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact US | Advertise