More questions will be added soon. Keep checking this page for adequate preparation. Hope this was helpful?
Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) 2018 Aptitude Test Free Past Questions and Answers
Here is a post which is set to give you the 2018 Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) Aptitude test Past Questions and answers for free.
As many candidates prepare for this years DPR recruitment exercise, we know a lot of the serious ones are in search of the past questions and answers so as to prepare well for this test.
As we all know, all fingers are not equal and not everyone might be able to pay for the Premium DPR 2018 past questions and answers. This is why we at Fabinfos decided to curate this free post.
Before we proceed with the aptitude test past question, it is important you know that the DPR 2018 online test is going to begin on….
Don’t miss the date for your test for anything, as we at Fabinfos will not like to see any of our readers/visitors miss out on this top job opportunity.
Reading the DPR Past question will surely give you an edge over other candidates. DPR aptitude tests comprise of questions from English, Mathematics, Current Affairs Questions and basic Environment /Safety / Oil and Gas.
Check them out below;
Some Questions and Answers to prepare you for the 2018 DPR Aptitude test
1. What is the full meaning of PSC as it concerns the Nigerian oil sector
A. Pipeline Safety Commission
B. Production Sharing Contract
C. Production Service Controller
D. Petroleum Servicing Companies
2. Whay year was the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) formed
3. Pick the odd one out
B. Joint Venture
C. Technical Service Contract/Agreement (TSA)
D. Land agreements
4. Which of this is not an objective of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB)
A. Vesting of petroleum and natural gas
B. Allocation of acreage
C. Government participation
D. Expatriate programme
5. The Eleme Refinery in Port harcourt was built by which companies and in what year
A. Total and BP, 1977
B. Shell and Agip, 1980
C. Mobil and NNPC, 1969
D. Shell and BP, 1963
#6. Who is the secretary General of the united nations
Answer: Ban Ki-Moon
#7. Who is the current minister of education?
Answer: Anthony Onwuka
#8. Mention five rivers in Nigeria that share their names with a state.
Answer: Rivers- Benue, Niger, Osun, Kaduna, Ogun, Sokoto, Cross River, Imo
#9. What was the first political party in Nigeria?
Answer: Nigerian National Democratic party (NNDP)
#10. Who is the current president of Nigeria?
Answer: Muhammadu Buhari
#11. Who is the current vice president of Nigeria?
Answer: Yemi Osibajo
#12. What does the eagle in the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
#13. Mention 5 past senate presidents of Nigeria.
Answer: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, Evan Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo, Anyim Pius Anyim, Adolphus Wabara, Ken Nnamani, David Mark
#14. What do the two horses on the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
#15. What was the black shield in the Nigerian coat of arm stand for?
Answer: Nigerian’s fertile soil
#16. What does the white colour in Nigerian flag stand for?
#17. What does the green colour in Nigerian flag represent?
Answer: Forests and abundant natural wealth of Nigeria
#18. Who is the current minister of finance?
Answer: Kemi Adeosun
#19. Who is the current minister of defence?
Answer: Monsur Dan-Ali
#20. Nigeria is divided into how many geopolitical zones?
Answer: Six (6) geopolitical zones
#21. What was the first capital city in Nigeria?
#22. Who is the current minister of FCT?
Answer: Muhammadu Bello
#23. Who is the current Nigerian Deputy Senate president?
Answer: Senator Ike Ekweremadu
#24. Where was crude oil first discovered in Nigeria?
Answer: Oloibiri Oilfield, located in Oloibiri in Ogbia LGA of Bayelsa State
Some technical DPR questions
1. What is decommissioning? To decommission means to remove a facility or site safely from service and reduce residual radioactivity to a level that permits either: (1) release of the property for unrestricted use and termination of the license; or (2) release of the property under restricted use and termination of the license. Restricted conditions mean that the licensee or its successor must control access by the public, using such means as fences, guards, alarms, and signs. A key objective of the decommissioning planning rule is to require licensees to document the extent of residual radioactivity at their sites.
2. What is residual radioactivity? As defined in existing NRC radiation protection regulations (10 CFR 20.1003 ), residual radioactivity means radioactivity in structures, materials, soils, groundwater, and other media at a site resulting from activities under the licensee’s control. This includes radioactivity from all licensed and unlicensed sources used by the licensee, but it excludes background radiation from cosmic sources, naturally occurring radioactive material, and global fallout from the testing of nuclear explosive devices or from past nuclear accidents such as Chernobyl that are not under the licensee’s control. Residual radioactivity also includes radioactive materials remaining at the site as a result of routine or accidental releases of radioactive material and previous burials at the site, even if those burials were made in accordance with NRC requirements at the time.
DPR Past Questions 2016:
You can practice with the following sample questions for the DPR Recruitment Aptitude test / examination;
1) When walking, a certain person takes 16 complete steps in 10 seconds. At this rate, how many complete steps does the person take in 72 seconds?
A. 45 B. 78 C. 86 D. 90 E. 115
2) In computer jargon, what do you understand by ROM?
A. Read Only Memory
B. Random Only Memory
C. Real Output Memory
D. Read Output Memory
3) A body is floating in seawater with 2/3 of its volume above the surface. The weight of the displaced water is?
A. Less than the weight of the body
B. Equal to the weight of the body
C. More than the weight of the body
D. Not enough information provided.
Questions 4 – 9 refer to the following: A tank is a vertical cylinder with inside diameter of 6ft and a height of 15ft.
4) What is the volume of liquid in cubic feet if we fill the tank to one foot high?
A. 28.27 ft3
B. 18.8 ft3
C. 113.1 ft3
D. 424.1 ft3.
5) What is the total volume of the tank in cubic feet?
A. 1686.5 ft3
B. 442.5 ft3
C. 424.1 ft3
D. 847.5 ft3.
6) What is the volume of water in cubic ft in the tank if a measure stick indicates the water surface is 6 feet below the top of the tank?
A. 170.2 ft3
B. 254.4 ft3
C. 1017.9 ft3
D. 678.6 ft3.
7) What is the weight in pounds of the tank, as in the above case, if the tank itself weighs 20 lbs per ft of height?
A. 63,424 lbs
B. 42,241 lbs
C. 16,151 lbs
D. 10,605 lbs.
8) How much water in gallons would have to be removed to reduce the total weight of the tank plus water, as in the above case, by 20%?
A. 388 gals
B. 3,230 gals
C. 2,121 gals
D. 626 gals.
9) What would be the new level of the water, as measured from the top of the tank, if the water in the above case (equivalent of 20% of total weight) is removed?
A. 10.4 ft
B. 12.7 ft
C. 7.1 ft
D. 7.8 ft.
10) If everybody at a party shook and with each other, and there was a total of 66 handshakes. How many people attended the party?
For questions 11 to 13, four words or phrases have been underlined in each sentence. Please choose the one word or phrase, which is incorrect in standard written English.
11) To John, as well as I, it is extremely beneficial to make friends with people from
A B C
other countries and to ask them about their cultures.
12) Before making a plan for the weekend, most people listen to the weather forecast
even though they know hardly nothing about the factors that affect the weather.
13) The circumstances under which the operation took place were unbelievable in that
A B C
the doctor didn’t even using antiseptic.
For questions 14 to 18, select the correct preposition or adverb:
14) He insisted _____ seeing the documents.
15) It never occurred _____ me to ask him for proof of his identity.
16) I object to being kept waiting. Why can’t you be _____ time?
17) I was _____ the impression that I had paid you for the work you did for me.
18) Buying presents for children is sometimes very difficult. ___ the end I bought a kite for Tom.
19) What are two safety precautions that should be taken before driving your car?
20) In computer jargon, what do you understand by CPU?
A. Computer Processing Unit
B. Computer Procedure Utility
C. Central Processing Unit
D. Central Power Unit
21) The five cogs are turning in the same direction and at the same speed. Which two will clash at a given moment?
A. A and B B. B and C C. C and D D. D and E
22) What is the equation for Ohm’s law?
A. V = IR
B. V = I/R
C. R = VI
D. I = VR
23) In direct current I = 3A, R = 4W. Calculate V
A. 1.33 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
24) What becomes V if we use 2 resistors of 4W in parallel?
A. 2.66 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V.
25) Which of the following pair of countries consist of the permanent security council of UN
A. Brazil, Germany, France, USA, China
B. France, China, USSR, USA, Britain
C. France,Britain, Brazil, Newzealand
D. France, Germany, Japan, China
26) In order to qualify for the post of President in Nigeria the person must be _____ and above
A. 35 years
B. 20 years
C. 40 years
D. 55 years
27) The name Nigeria coined out of _________
A. Niger Forest
B. Niger Area
C. Niger River
D. Niger Textures
28) The first Inspector General of the Police Force was
A. Teslim Balogun
B. Louis Edet
C. Ademola Adetokunbo
D. Mike Okiro
In the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by five lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
29) COLOR : SPECTRUM
A. tone : scale
B. sound : waves
C. verse : poem
D. dimension : space
30) Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word DIFFUSE:
For questions 31 to 37, select the correct answer:
31) I don’t know_____.
A. where is your pen
B. where your pen is
C. where your is pen
D. where is the pen of yours
32. If you want to see him, ______.
A. please let me to know
B. let me to know please
C. please let me know
D. let me please to be known
33. _______, the little girl ran out of the yard.
A. Being afraid of the dog
B. The dog she is afraid of
C. The dog has been afraid of
D. Was being afraid of the dog
34. The manager_____ here at 4 p.m.
A. is supposing to arrive
B. is supposed to arrive
C. will suppose to arrive
D. is supposed to be arrived
35. Due to the devaluation, many people have become rich, but many others _______.
B. have been ruined
C. have ruined
D. would have ruined
36. The man has been hospitalized since yesterday ______.
A. because his serious wound
B. because of his serious wound
C. because of his seriously wound
D. because his wound seriously
37. Your suggestion, ______ , is beneficial to both the company and the employees.
A. different than his
B. as well as he
C. as he is
D. like his
In the sentence below, choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
38) Early _____ of hearing loss is ______ by the fact that the other senses are able to compensate for moderate amounts of loss, so that people frequently do not know that their hearing is imperfect.
(A) discovery … indicated
(B) development … prevented
(C) detection … complicated
(D) treatment … facilitated
For questions 39 to 42, choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets:
39) I usually go by train, but this weekend I am going by bus. It (take) longer but it costs less.
C. is taken
D. will take
40) I (not think) your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps looking at his watch.
A. doesn’t think
B. didn’t think
C. don’t think
D. am not thinking
41) The hall (be) painted at the moment, so it isn’t looking its best.
A. is being
C. is to be
D. will be
42) At present I’m having my typewriter (repair).
C. is repaired
D. being repaired
43) If x = y – 9, and y – 4 = 10, x = ?
D. A and B
44) What is the force in pounds exerted upwards on a piston with a diameter of 4 inches if a gauge indicates the internal pressure in the cylinder is 1000 psi?
A. 4000 lbs
B. 250 lbs
C. 50,266 lbs
D. 12,566 lbs
45) What is the weight in kilograms of a string of pipe that is 11,500 ft long and weighs .33 pounds per inch?
A. 1,725 kg
B. 20,700 kg
C. 45,540 kg
D. 3795 kg
46) How much time in minutes will it take a car driving at 90 km/hr to travel 27 kilometers?
A. 3.3 minutes
B. 2430 minutes
C. 18 minutes
D. 0.3 minutes
47) What is the total capacity in gallons of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 liters per foot?
A. 3281 gal
B. 1000 gal
C. 867 gal
D. 8670 gal
48) If the motor M rotates in the direction shown by the arrow as illustrated in the diagram below, what is going on?
A. 1 and 2 are going down
B. 1 goes up and 2 goes down
C. 1 and 2 are going up
D. 1 goes down and 2 goes up
49) For the system in the diagram below to be in equilibrium, what is the mass of P in pounds? The mass at the other end of the beam is 5 kg.
A. 5.5 lb
B. 2.8 kg
C. 10 kg
D. none of these
50) These 3 wells have been drilled with a mud of specific gravity of 1.25 gr/cm3. In which well A, B or C, will the highest hydrostatic bottom hole pressure be recorded ?
A. Well A
B. Well B
C. Well C
D. All three will have equal bottom hole pressure
51) If the density of A is greater than the density of B. What is going to happen ?
A. If P floats in liquid A, it will also float in B.
B. If P floats in liquid B, it may or may not float in A, depending on the density of P.
C. If P sinks in B, it will sink in A also.
D. None of the above answers are correct.
52) For the circuit shown below, if V=380VAC and the bulb is rated at 170VAC, 5W, what is the resistance R that should be connected in series to the bulb?
A. 6500 ohms
B. 7000 ohms
C. 7145 ohms
D. 5780 ohms
53) If we increase the voltage across a DC motor, then the motor speed will?
C. stay same
54) What will be the output voltage of two 12V batteries connected in series?
A. 12 V
B. 6 V
C. 24 V
D. no voltage
55) What will be the output voltage of two 12V batteries connected in parallel?
A. 12 V
B. 6 V
C. 24 V
D. no voltage
56) In computer jargon, what do you understand by RAM?
A. Read Access Memory
B. Random Access Memory
C. Real Access Memory
D. Random Acquired Memory.