Tech continues to advance daily, with new innovations coming up and the old ones upgrading, it seems you can’t just meet up with the trends. Just the way our mobile phones have upgraded from the password era to the Fingerprint scanner world, MasterCard is set to experience a new phase as the cards are going to also come with a FingerPrint scanner.
This is set to be a convenient and secure way to complete transactions with the MasterCard. This card is going to make POS transactions more easy, transactions are going to cover the below three easy steps.
- Insert credit card.
- Put your thumb on it.
- Walk away with your purchase.
This is going to make shopping more fun.
The new MasterCards are currently being tested in South Africa, and should be rolled out to the rest of the world by the end of 2017.
Kudus to MasterCard for this innovation. Though the tech innovation am patiently waiting for is…..seeing that lovely meal on IG aand grabbing it right from my screen.
How will the MasterCard FingerPrint Scanner Work and how to upload my FingerPrint details?
Before I call it a close to this article, I know you might just be asking this question in your mind, so here is the perfect answer.
- When the MasterCard FingerPrint enabled card is available, your commercial bank will inform you.
- You will then go to an enrollment center (most likely a bank) to get your fingers details loaded and stored on the card.
- This can’t be done in PROXY
- After your templates are saved, your card is ready to be used at compatible terminals worldwide.
Does this end support for PIN code?
No, this is set to be an extra security measure and a more convenient one. This biometric functiom won’t end the MasterCard support for PIN code.
There you have it on this post “Checkout the new MasterCard with FingerPrint scanner.” I hope you found this informative.