Relationship: 15 Questions You Must Ask Your Girlfriend Before Proposing
This post is for couples who have been together in a genuine loving relationship and have now begun to think of proposing and taking the relationship to the next level.
We need to understand that there are important questions that need to be asked before popping the question. You are not just about to as for a date or something, but you are about to ask for somebody’s hand in marriage. Which is to be a lifetime arrangement.
Getting into a marriage, as romantic as it is, is pretty much like a entering into contractual agreement. Before agreeing to a contract, you are logically expected to ask relevant questions; questions which, to a reasonably large extent, clear any doubts you may have. It is called due diligence.
Here are 15 of those questions that should guide you to make wise pre-marriage inquiries….here we go
- Do you still have feelings for an ex?
- What’s your love language? Do you even believe in love languages?
- How do you handle stress, pressure?
- What do you think of gender roles in marriages?
- What do you think of money’s role in a marriage?
- Is the idea of a joint account repulsive to you?
- Do you think there’s a limit one should stop at when it comes to religious beliefs and followership, or do you just follow all the way?
- How many kids do you want?
- How are you when you are angry?
- Who do you listen to even at your angriest?
- When we fight, how do you think we should settle them?
- Have you ever been in an abusive relationship – whether emotional or physical?
- Who is your role model on marital things?
- If you’d rate your sex drive on a scale of 1-10, what would it be?
- How was your parents’ marriage? Do you wish to have a marriage like theirs?
You can add more questions via the comment section.